Note Icon provides information on colleges that provide Pell Grants

and that also have workforce programs approved by the Department of Labor. For the full list of colleges, click here.

Find the Right Training Program For You.

Training programs offered by colleges and universities may be a great way to develop new skills and get credentials that will help you advance your career. To decide where to enroll, you should consider the costs and benefits of different programs in relation to your interests and the job opportunities in your community.

The College Scorecard will help you compare programs that lead to certificates and degrees at colleges where you may be eligible to receive Pell Grants from the Department of Education, which provide up to $6,495 to cover tuition, fees, and living expenses.

Search for schools with training programs

Search nearby schools that accept Pell Grants, and may also have eligible training programs for participants in Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) programs. If you need help taking the next step in your career, find an American Job Center. In some states, Unemployment Insurance (UI) recipients can attend school or training and continue to receive UI benefits (learn more about UI benefits in your state).

Search for training programs by field of study

Department of Labor Icon

Department of Labor WIOA Program

Some training programs are eligible for funding through the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), depending on your state and local needs. Search all training programs that are funded through WIOA on This Department of Labor tool provides key outcome data on WIOA programs such as training completion, credential attainment, employment and wages.

Financial Aid Icon

Get Started with Financial Aid

To receive financial aid, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You also may qualify for a Pell Grant, which is a federal program that provides free money for higher education. In order to see if you qualify for a Pell Grant, you must submit a FAFSA. Use the Federal Student Aid Estimator to see how much aid may be available for you.

Start Your FAFSA® Application